Monday, April 23, 2012

Breaking News: Apolo Held In Kennel for 20 Minutes Pending Garden Charges

FARMINGTON, Minn - A 14 week-old Flat-Coated Retriever, Apolo Gunderson, was detained in his kennel for 20 minutes after the discovery of yet another mysterious garden hole in his family's backyard.

Mac Gunderson, a 5 year-old Flat-Coated Retriever who also lives at the residence, has further implicated Apolo in the offenses of shoe theft, excessive barking, ear chewing, toy destruction, deplorable cuteness, and general "garden gnomery."

When questioned, Apolo's mom, Jess Gunderson, stated that "Apolo was found next to a large hole with a dirty nose, and two dirty feet.  There was a spring of winged euonymus his mouth at the time.  I shooed him with the broom, but later he discovered the garden hose was running.  He decided to dig near the tree it was watering, and when I saw how wet and muddy he was, I figured he should take a break before dinner."

Jon Gunderson, Apolo's father, chuckled and said, "He was pretty dirty at the time.  And his ears were soaked.  He is such a cute dog is the problem."

Apolo requested that the entire world pause to "feel sorry for him."

Apolo released a statement from his crate saying, "I can't believe my parents have locked me in here, my own mother closed the door!  I haven't had any dinner for two days even!  And when 'big dog' was en route to post my bail, which consisted of a handful of Sun Chips (Original, not Harvest Cheddar) he ate them instead."

Mac was found lounging in the living room, but when questioned about the Sun Chips, he only yawned and closed his eyes.

Undisputed HW Champion, Apollo Creed
Tim Jensen, the contractor working on the Gunderson family master bathroom 2015 project, could only shake his head and smile.  "Apolo is a really cute dog.  But I did see him eat twice since I got here, and that was after 4pm even.  And I regret to say that I could see him digging from my front yard as I just live across the street."

An effort was made to contact Apolo's grandparents.  His grandmother, Sandra, was unable to respond as she "already has [her] hands full with Allie," who is Apolo's sister.  Grandpa Jeff was reached and all he could say was, "Apolo who?  Oh, Creed?  Ya, whatever!  He is the most spoiled dog alive!  What-ever!  Ha!  He sure is cute, OMG is he cute."

When asked about a timeline for Apolo's release, his mom said, "As soon as his feet are dry he can come out.  I am sure this whole incident will be quickly forgotten.  Especially by Apolo."


3 comments:

  1. OMG this is such a funny story and non fiction to boot. AND Apollo Creed was that not some sort of movie. I seem to remember it from many moons ago. Just a great bio of little Apolo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Apollo Creed was one of the boxers in the Rocky movies...my dad loves them and calls our little Apolo by that name frequently--it is super funny. He sees him and goes, "CREED!" Then does the boxing moves. Good stuff, had to figure out how to work that in there. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is hilarious. I should share it with my students during their narrative writing sessions.

    And to think I never knew about Apollo Creed. Live and learn. Apolo, you need to do that, too.

    Mom from PHS 117

    ReplyDelete